Tuesday, July 1

Tear It Apart

The Chandelirium is the newest large pendant lamp that is made one at a time from reclaimed acrylic and hand shaped in the oven by ARTae (Aaron R. Thomas and Anne Ewen) to create this self supporting structure of interwoven clear and white acrylic strips wrapped around a 7" globe in a polished nickel fixture. Each lamp is as unique as you are and is approximately 30" high and 20" wide. (SOURCE: freshmoco.com)

Now, if I were high and bored, I'll probably tear it apart piece by piece then put it back together. I doubt if my "creation" would look as nice. There's something mystical and fairy-like with these pieces, as if Tinkerbell (the fairy, not the dog) would just flutter out of that lamp. I also like the softness of the light and its contrast with the weight of the structure.

No comments: