Monday, June 30

Strange and Beautiful Bathrooms

I have dreams. Most of the time those dreams include a swanky pad with a loft in Prague or Tokyo or Vienna. On bad days, my dreams include a swanky pad with a loft in Rockwell. I haven't thought about what the living room, bedroom, library, kitchen, dining area, and gym (I want a whole floor to myself yo!) would look like. But my oh my, I think I have found the perfect toilet / bath area.

That is Villeroy & Boch's the City Life Bathroom Collection. I especially love where the tub is placed. I'm a beach bitch so that's probably the closest I'll get to the resort vibe in the city.


From the view of the side of the tub, you can see my bedroom (delusions of grandeur mmmm). Notice the toilet. Very chic, and functional too. You can literally hide your shit. But flushing's so much easier and hygienic.





Here's a console from the same collection. I splash around the tub so this probably won't work for me. I'll slip to my death, literally. I do like that the tub is in the corner of large windows. I love large windows. Vitamin D during the day and city lights during the evening. Quite romantic don't you think?

Now for the strange and exotic. If you thought that snake-skin and croc-skin leather is just for your bags, wallets and shoes.... think again!

Ceramico-Cielo came out with their Jungle Bathroom Fixtures collection in Oct. 2007. Now this is just strange, for me at least. I'd be hella scared to pee in the middle of night in a bathroom like this. My fixtures might eat me alive. And all I wanted to do was pee.

Why is there a sink on my boa?!


Now here's the toilet the I really, really want. It doubles as something else. Be creative. This is a Julien Bench Toilet. Hell, you can even put this on your living room. Unsanitary though, but still plausible. Just make sure your plumbing's are well in place. Let's not talk about possible um... disasters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the snakeskin sink but I'd seriously prefer a snakeskin trenchcoat.

I want it in anaconda skin. haha

I'm sounding like a poacher.

MissBeatrice said...

Too scary. I want snake shoes, not fixtures hahaha

Anonymous said...

I saw snakeskin shoes the other day at that vintage shop. Too bad, it wasn't in my size!!!! agh